Sunday, July 14, 2013

sold


While holding a bag of trash, I walked out through the open garage door to fill the garbage can.  No sooner had I stepped in to the driveway when I found myself staring down a deer.  It was dusk and the deer was on the other side of the driveway, but we both stopped (and I barely breathed).  I so wish I had had my camera with me.  It's the closest I've ever come to a wild doe before.  

After about two minutes frozen like that, she twitched her ears, turned, and quietly walked away.  I couldn't wait to get back inside to tell Chris what happened.

Sadly, my man is on the couch nursing a head cold.  

He and the Nicaragua team arrived home safely Friday night.  Rachel and myself, and the other spouses, waited at the airport by the first available passenger entryway, and hugged our loved ones as soon as humanly possible.  It was so good to have my beloved in my arms again.  He smiled a tired smile, and kissed me with his unshaven face (I like when he lets his facial hair go).  He has since camped out inside our house, doing some audio work, eating leftovers, coughing, and sleeping.  We did have a date night outside of the house last night, which included our favorite pizza and Brad Pitt's exciting and smart (emotional, even) zombie movie.   

Today, we watched two Netflix picks together: Being Elmo (a nod to hubby's recent puppet ministry) and A Late Quartet.  Other lovable and daring documentaries we've seen lately (since I'm on the subject): Happy, Jiro Dreams of Sushi, The Woodmans, and Craig's List Joe with The Happy Poet and Hot Coffee on deck.

We've begun sorting through our things, deciding what to sell at our garage sale this month.  I've added a few items on Craig's List and eBay.  And our house sold, officially!  The months have turned in to weeks and will soon feel like a matter of days before our move.

The ball is indeed rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment