Monday, July 8, 2013

pb + banana bread


So, it seems the midwest and west coast are trading heatwaves.  

Isn't that nice of us to share?

During our rainy week, I had a hankering for banana bread.  I can't remember the last time I made banana bread without adding another flavor to it.  The judges at the county fair might be purists, but I need to dance with my food.

Joy the Baker is one of my go-to blogs for foodie inspiration (and clever phrasing).  This time, she wooed me with her recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Bread.

To make it GF/DF, I substituted the following:

Plain goat milk yogurt for regular vanilla yogurt.
Coconut oil for butter.
GF all-purpose flour for the flours (I like Bob's Red Mill).
I added DF chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Life brand).
I also added a drizzle of maple syrup on top (before baking) and omitted the peanuts (I don't like crunch in my quick breads, but that's just a personal preference).

I took this loaf to a church meeting and shared it with friends.  They all went for a second piece.  I mean, who doesn't love the peanut butter-banana flavor combo?  It reminds me of the sandwiches I used to make as an after-school snack.  I like to think you made them as your after-school snack, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment