Tuesday, June 4, 2013

graduation day

© photo credit: Emily Howard

Over a dozen young friends of ours are or have graduated from high school this month, including one nephew on hubby's side of the family and one niece on my side.  I couldn't be more proud of our students and relatives.. all grown up!

It has been a fun couple of weeks for me, receiving text messages, Facebook posts, and Snapchat pictures from prom and various graduation ceremonies.  I'm so thrilled that the kids include us in their milestones, and send us invitations to their grad parties.  We'll only be able to attend half of them, but what a joy it is to be included in their circle of loved ones.



Last Saturday, we went to the Psalmist Homeschool Discipleship graduation ceremony at our church.  This was the first year that we personally knew all of the young people on stage.  I'll admit, I got a bit misty-eyed seeing these students go from children to adults in front of our eyes.  There's something about them wearing those gowns and mortarboards - they definitely walk taller.  

True to form, I posted both my junior prom photo and a candid from my own high school graduation on Facebook recently.  I like to remind the students that I was their age once.  Crazy to think I'm celebrating my 20 year high school reunion in August!  


"The way to be is '93!"

Congratulations, graduates!

"Today is your day.  You're off to Great Places!  You're off and away!  You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.  You're on your own.  And you know what you know.  You are the guy who'll decide where to go." - Dr. Seuss "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment