Tuesday, May 21, 2013

heating up


Our Ohio sun is heating up this week!  

With temperatures in the 80s, we've pulled out the barbecue grill, I've made my first batch of summer sangria, and I've found more reasons to hang out in our basement where it's cool.  

Today, I made a couple dozen no bake chocolate macaroons for our Bible Study group, and have plans to make my dinner cooking quick tonight.  Thankfully, we have A/C in the house, but there are days when it's crazy humid and hot well in to the evening, which makes sweating on the inside inevitable.

Flank steak marinated in tequila, garlic and orange juice.  Cooked medium rare by my favorite Argentine.  We turned the meat and grilled pineapples in to tacos with cilantro and all the fixin's.  Fruit salad and hubby's cheese & beer refried beans on the side.

My husband reminded me yesterday of the lingering winter we had, and how wonderful that was for us and not for the sun-lovers, so I will do my best not to complain.  Plus, Oklahoma is suffering through a terrible tornado season right now.

Lord, please bring comfort and rescue.


The best news is that my great-niece, Aubree Marae Chidester, was born at 1:15am (PST).  8lbs 1oz, 20.5".  She is perfect with her chubby cheeks and head full of hair!  That means my niece is a Mom, my little brother is a Grandpa, and I'm a Great-Aunt (!).  Also, the baby robins in our gazebo have opened their eyes, their feathers are growing in, and they make the cutest little chirping sounds.

I have so many blessings to count today!  

And lemonade to stock up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment