Thursday, February 28, 2013

rainy day


This week's weather has felt a lot like Seattle.

Rain, rain, rain.

You should see how wide my smile is.

Last night something wild happened.  I was pulling around the corner of the Starbucks drive-thru when I saw it - the exact moment when rain turned to snow.  It was dumping water and then, in a split second, the heaviness of the downpour turned into the lightness of snowfall.  I've never seen that before!  It was really lovely and almost caused me to drive in to the side of the building.

No biggie.


If you're finding yourself in a similar state of weather, and need a new soup recipe, try this one from the McCormick brand.  You can buy the pre-packaged McCormick spices in the baking aisle of your local grocery store or just follow the recipe and use the spices you already have at home.  I like a punchy flavor, so I add extra of everything (to taste).  Even if you don't like the rain (or are completely over the snow), this recipe will widen your smile, too.  

Keep it cozy, friends.

1 comment: