Friday, February 8, 2013

american idol

© photo credit: http://www.toomuchawesomeness.com

When we lived in California, we would go over to Rich and Lucy's house for dinner and American Idol every week, calling ourselves the "Tuesday Night Crew."  We ordered take-out or made it a potluck, opened a bottle of wine, and caught up on our days before the show started. We'd even sing along to the musical intro: "A-woahhh-wohhh-oooo!" There may have been some dancing involved.

This was American Idol during the Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks years.  Anyone remember Season 1 co-host Brian Dunkleman?  Without a doubt, Kelly Clarkson is my favorite winner.  With the over-saturated feel the show has taken on, and all the shuffling of the judges, I've lost interest.  But, then!  I found out Medina High School's very own Shelby Searcy made it to Hollywood Week!   

Oh my goodness, she is adorable and talented!  Watch her videos on YouTube to see her American Idol interview and past school performances.  I don't know if I can stomach a judging panel that includes Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey, but if Shelby can hold her own, I'll stock up on ginger ale and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment