Friday, December 14, 2012

meteor shower


My husband is so cool, he got a meteor shower on his birthday.

No really, it's true.

Last night, we stood out under the stars with mouths open in expectation.  We were told that the best time to see the action would be between 10pm-3am.  We chose the 10:30pm hour and were amazed by the pieces of light falling from the sky.

It was a perfectly clear 37 degrees.  

The suspense was better than a movie, as we watched and waited in-between stars.  I gasped and giggled every time I saw one fall, and enjoyed listening to my hubby share meteor facts with me. We received text messages from friends throughout the night expressing their own amazement by how awesome it was.

I have a tradition of surprising Chris for his birthday every year, and yesterday was the beginning of this year's surprise.  I wish I could claim the meteor shower, but I can't.  I can claim the new books I bought for him, the spa treatment I gave him, and the surprises I have in store for tonight and tomorrow.

God wins with the light display, but I'll win with affection.

You can't hug and kiss a meteor, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment