Saturday, November 10, 2012

matcha


The other day I told my husband I was going to live to be 200, "because of all the matcha I drink."  He replied by letting me know he wouldn't be living that long.  "It's fine," I said.  "There will be other husbands."  "At least a couple," was his conclusion.

Typical mid-week conversation.

So, do you know about matcha green tea?  It's the green tea for heavy-weight green tea drinkers.  It's earthy and deep in flavor, an antioxidant powerhouse.  It might just grow hair on your chest.

When we lived in California, Starbucks offered a blended beverage in the summertime that included matcha in the powdered mix.  It's where I remember having my first taste of this distinct brew.  Then, when hubby and I were beginning our foray in to the raw foods world, Ani Phyo included several smoothie recipes in her book that suggested adding matcha as a metabolism booster.  I started buying it by the tin and have been drinking it ever since.


Some times I mix the powder with yogurt or add a little to my baked goods.  I even like the sludge that gets left in the bottom of my mug; each swallow is invigorating.

I'm going to enjoy the next 163 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment