Friday, November 16, 2012

breaking dawn


Should I mention it?  Okay, I'll mention it.

Chris and I saw the Twilight movie with friends last night.  I haven't read the books (I think Chris read one), but we've seen all of the movies.  I got bored after the first two.  It was my husband who convinced me to watch the third one with him on DVD.  Perhaps for closure's sake, or because we love movies and seeing movies with friends, or for that packed house energy..  Whatever the reason, Chris and I joined a theatre of teenage girls for the final installment of Kristen Stewart's mortal turned immortal saga.  I was distracted by the computer animated baby (creepy!), and Kristen Stewart being Kristen Stewart, but the Volturi made it worth it.  Oh, and that epic battle scene at the end.  People were literally screaming and crying when their favorite characters died.  Gladly, we can now put it all behind us and be thankful our local movie theatre opts for 10 o'clock premieres, instead of midnight.

I will say, it was a fun sort of addition to our anniversary date, even if we did have to share it.  The day before, a kind old man in a delivery uniform showed up at my front door with a vase of flowers. It's the one time of year that my babe sends me a bouquet without prompting, and this was the first time in years that I was home for the delivery.  Receiving his flowers was as exciting as seeing snow fall on Christmas Day.


Later that evening, we ate at a new (to us) restaurant called Crave. It's one of Akron's culinary darlings and the reviews online made it worth a look.  Thanks to Living Social, we ate a full three course meal (plus drinks) for half of what we'd normally spend.  Between the two of us, we devoured plates of paella, crab cakes, balsamic and malbec braised beef, pan-seared scallops, wild truffle risotto, and risotto made with mascarpone cheese and roasted tomatoes swimming in a warm lobster corn sauce, margarita-flavored cheesecake, and a warm brownie dessert hugged by peanut butter and chocolate pretzel ice cream.  Seriously.  It was a meal you'd want to dance the Moonlight Serenade with.  Cheek to cheek. 

My groom and I made eyes at each other throughout dinner, and we reminisced.  I wonder if we'll have a similar evening fourteen years from now.  The stories we share about our meeting and pre-wedding relationship (we still haven't decided if we really dated, since we met and got engaged so quickly) never get old to me.

For the record, he fell in love with me first.

3 comments:

  1. Love this. I am so glad God brought you two together. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy! This is amazing! the love you and Chris show to each other is beyond words. I'm thrilled to know God brought you both together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! Your comments made me smile so big! It is a gift to know this kind of love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete