Thursday, August 2, 2012

classic


So far as I can tell, the good things to come from sweaty summers in Ohio are: electrical storms, fireflies, farmer's markets, and fair food. Multiple trips to the frozen yogurt shop, lemonade stands, and sun-kissed faces could be squeezed on to that list as well.

And classic movies.

Over the past month, I've seen several posts by friends on Facebook about going to movies in parks, cemeteries, and backyards.  Genius idea, if you ask me.  As long as I have something cold to drink and my personal hand-held fan within reach.

Last year, hubby and I had one of our best date nights in downtown Cleveland that included dinner and a showing of 42nd Street.  I'm eager to have a do-over, as Playhouse Square is celebrating it's 15th anniversary of Cinema at the Square.  They brought back a tasty list of classics from The Godfather to Mary Poppins, Gone with the Wind, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Casablanca, and The Muppet Movie.  


I mention this because I want to go right now, and because I was pursued by one of the reps from Playhouse Square, asking if I'd give 2 vouchers away to one of my readers.  Ummm, yes please!  Who doesn't love free stuff, especially when it involves popcorn and a big screen?

A really big screen.

If you live in NE Ohio and want in on this, what I need you to do is become an official Follower of my blog (look on the right-side of this blog for current Members list and make sure you're on it), then post a comment about why you love summers in Ohio.  On Sunday, I will pick my favorite comment and you will be my winner!  The prize is 2 free vouchers (each voucher is good for up to 13 tickets and can be used in any combination: 1 ticket for each movie, 13 for 1 movie, etc.), held for you at Will Call.

Whether you win or not, you should still go.  Tickets are only $5 each or you can buy a $15 Flix Tix pass good for six films.

I'm thinking Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window will go nicely with Lemonberry frozen yogurt.  I'll be sure to eat dessert first.    


Disclosure: I was asked by Playhouse Square to help promote the 15th Annual Cinema at the Square.  In exchange, I will receive 2 Cinema at the Square vouchers for myself and 2 Cinema at the Square vouchers to give away.  All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment