Sunday, June 17, 2012

waldorf remix


Chopped apple, nectarine, celery, grapes, and walnuts make the base for my version of Waldorf Chicken Salad.  Cover in the juice from 1/2 of a lemon and 2 small naval oranges (or 4 little mandarin oranges, if you have a few of those lying around).  

Throw in some cooked chicken (seasoned with salt & pepper) and light mayo (I use a good squirt, but not too much). Spread on spinach wraps or flat out bread.  

Add lettuce if you're fancy.  Roll it up.


Serve a colorful quinoa salad on the side.

Hello.  Summer is here.

2 comments:

  1. you totally inspired lunch on Sunday with your post! Although I substituted the celery with avocado... (pregnancy cravings tend to combine food in interesting new ways.) added some cheddar cheese, it was quite the winner around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful, sis! I so wish Chris liked avocado. Good job gestating my baby niece! She'll be a foodie like her Auntie Amy. :)

    ReplyDelete