Sunday, May 13, 2012

she is beautiful


Happy Mother's Day, to the one who carried me in her womb, loved me through years of bed-wetting and ear infections, fought for me when I was too afraid to fight for myself, hugged me tightly when my words were overwhelmed by tears, sat with me through doctor appointments and emergency room visits, let me watch the movies my dad didn't approve of, still slips me a twenty dollar bill when I come home to visit, attended all of my choir concerts and soccer games and helped me with my student council campaigns in high school, sent me care packages in college, made my favorite cake on my birthday, teaches me compassion and grace by example, laughs with me while riding kiddie rides, and is always ready for penny slots, card games, go-karts, and baby holding.



  
“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” - Washington Irving  

1 comment:

  1. Yep, your mama is one of THE most beautiful people on this earth!!

    ReplyDelete