Tuesday, March 6, 2012

wedding fever

© photo credit: Anna Norton

On the Sunday after Valentine's Day, I joined a few girlfriends for a bridal show at a local mall.  For those of you who know me, I haven't enjoyed mall shopping since I was in junior high.  But, for this bride, I will do just about anything.

Over the past year, we've had a dozen couples get married in our church, half of whom were young people from our youth leadership team.  My husband officiated Ben & Janelle's wedding, and we attended a few of the others.

This year, Anna & Steven and Skylar & Tanya are joining the club.

Anna is a spirited young lady, who calls us "Aunt & Uncle."  She was one of the ones who tried to convince herself not to like us, for fear that we wouldn't be staying in Ohio for very long.  This feeble effort lasted all of a month, before she was scrubbing the dining room floor in our new house, and painting love notes on our walls.  Anna has aways dreamed of a fairytale wedding, and marrying her prince charming.  We are honored to be a part of her dream come true, even if her prince charming plays video games and has a thing for Japanese anime.

Oh yeah, Anna does, too.

Anna also adores anything classic or vintage, and is dressing her bridal party in calypso colors with an outdoor garden theme.  I know this because she asked me to be a bridesmaid.  What?  Yay!




The bridal event at the mall was quaint, but the real madness happened at the fashion show, hosted by David's Bridal.  You would've thought it was an episode of "Oprah's Favorite Things" the way the audience members were jumping up and down.  I mean, I don't blame them, there were some good prizes to be had.  It's the squealing and screaming and all things wedding that I haven't been absorbed in for many years.

It's all coming back to me now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment