Tuesday, January 10, 2012

healthy


Before we moved to Ohio, we joked with our Seattle friends about all the weight we were going to gain from eating casseroles.

Ummm.. not a joke.  It's real life.

Chris and I have both expanded our waistlines since arriving in the midwest.  Like, a lot.  We now weigh more than we ever have. While I would love to blame it on gravy, pie, Pillsbury crescent rolls, and cheese, I know I am responsible for what and how much I eat.

I've gotten lazy, and have fed my emotions with food.  Happy, sad, frustrated, impatient, blissful, excited, stressed.. there is always a way to cope with food.  Food is a passion of mine, too.  So, there's that.  Bottom line: it's time to make a change.

Despite the New Year's cliché, hubby and I are ready to get back to good health.  I will miss that second helping of cake, but I won't miss the extra calories or the bigger pants size.

If you're making a change of your own, high five to you!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! I'm also making a change, slow and steady, but towards more healthy nutrition and more activity....so, I'm right there with ya missy. Best of luck to you guys :)

    ReplyDelete