Tuesday, December 20, 2011

on stage

Chris and I have an affinity for the arts.

The production doesn't even have to be Broadway caliber for us to buy tickets.  We like going out on the town.  Plus, we enjoy the live entertainment, especially when we are familiar with the playwright or one of the actors in the show.

Growing up, my parents often took us to see stage performances. Everything from local plays and dinner theaters, to full scale productions ala Phantom of the Opera and Stomp, they fostered our creativity.  When I was in elementary school, we auditioned as a family for regional shows at our community theatre.  We had a good run acting in Oliver Twist, The Music Man, and Working.

I have the VHS tapes to prove it.

Over the past month, we have taken in a one-woman show at the Cleveland Public Theatre (called Ya Mama!), and Mrs. Bob Cratchit's Wild Christmas Binge, featuring our talented friend, Chloe, who played four different characters:




Plus, David Sedaris's The Santaland Diaries, which was followed by the irreverent SNL-parody, The Loush Sisters:



I also attended a dance presentation, featuring my young friend, Victoria (who danced on pointe for the first time), and the choir performance of another young friend, Kaitlyn, at Strongsville High School.




Needless to say, it's been a colorful month on stage.  I'm eager to see what comes our way next year.  We already have our eyes set on this, and my hope is that I will actually get to New York before I turn 40.

I have a few years yet, but it's out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment