Tuesday, December 27, 2011

hello snow


Finally, snow we can get excited about!  

Big white flakes started falling this afternoon, which was a welcomed surprise as I walked out of my office.  The weather forecast shows it gone by Thursday, so we're enjoying it while it lasts.

Sadly, we didn't have a white Christmas, which was a shift from last year's blizzard season.  I like to think that snow is God's reward to me for suffering through our sweaty summers.

So far, it's felt more like a Seattle winter than a midwest one, but I'm grateful the humidity won't return for another half dozen months, and I still get to wear layers.  I don't even mind waking up to a house that's 56 degrees inside.

Not one bit.

1 comment:

  1. I have come to the conclusion that they answer to your sweaty summers is that you just need to come to Burlingame and live with us while mom is in Argentina. That way, we aren't so lonely and you aren't so sweaty and I get more than my yearly 96 hours of "Mrs. Holowaty silliness."

    ReplyDelete