Wednesday, October 12, 2011

walking tall

© photo credit: www.mikedesantis.com

Today I found out I am 5'4" tall.

Why is this significant?  Because my whole adult life I thought I was 5'3.75".  I would always tell people 5'4" because it was a nice even number, and (aside from flip-flops in the summertime) I tend to wear shoes with an added lift to them.

I was living a lie, until now.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I had my height checked. I find that nurses are always quick to have me stand on a scale (ugh!) but rarely measure how tall I am.  Today I went with my friend, Amanda, to her foot doctor appointment.  After the nurse measured her (she's a towering 5'7"), I asked if she would measure me.  

Once with shoes on (5'5") and once with shoes off (5'4").  I had her double-check that last one.  She assured me I was a true 5'4" tall.

Amanda is my witness.

This must be what it feels like to win the lottery.

1 comment: