Monday, October 10, 2011

colorful


I pretty much live for Fall in Ohio.  

It comes on quietly and exits with a shout.

Right now, the leaves are changing colors.  In a week, I predict they will be at their full vibrancy of reds, oranges, and yellows.  I will probably talk about this every October while we're living in the midwest.  It's a season that only lasts about six weeks, but it leaves a mark. 





When in the Seattle area recently, I drove around my old neighborhood (Everett, WA) and took pictures of all of the schools I attended before college.  While nostalgic, the most striking thing about that tour was the house I spent my elementary school years living in and the liquor store we used to ride our bikes to for candy and video games.


Our house used to be green.


The store used to be yellow.


And while I'm mentioning it, remember the big green house we lived in for the first three months we were in Ohio?  

It's now pink.


Like the writer of Ecclesiastes reminds us, there is a time for everything.  A season.  There's an up side and a down side, everything changes.  We can see the trees changing, and lives around us changing.  There are heavy hearts and hearts rejoicing.

God has made everything beautiful for its own time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment