Friday, September 30, 2011

red eye

© photo credit: www.architecture.uwaterloo.ca

Don't ask me exactly what time we arrived in Chicago this morning after our red eye flight from Los Angeles.  It was early.  What I do know is that as soon as we disembarked, we discovered that the gate for our connecting flight to Ohio was on the other side of the airport.

Chicago-O'Hare is big.  Huge.

With roller bags in tow, we walked as fast as we could, wearing eyes bleary from an overnight flight and flip-flops not designed for speed. What time zone were we in?  We arrived at our connecting gate to hear our names being called.  As in, "last call."  Had we stopped to use the bathroom, we would have missed our plane.  

Relief.

It was fun watching my long-legged husband speed walk in front of me throughout the concourses.  He has a certain lift to his step when he's in a hurry, that I don't get to see very often.  He's cute, even if trying to keep up with him reminds me of how short and not fast my own legs are.

Hubby says I'm his favorite traveling companion.

For sure, he is mine.  

1 comment:

  1. it's those dang Holowaty legs! I can never keep up with Jon or Flora.

    ReplyDelete