Thursday, September 15, 2011

pita chips

Do you like hummus?

I like hummus, and I double like dipping things in hummus.  Not to be confused with double-dipping, though I do that, too.

Cut veggies are an excellent choice.  Crackers are splendid.  French fries are a bold move.  

I've even been known to spread hummus on my sandwich bread.  

Homemade pita chips are probably my favorite thing to dip in hummus.  They are so easy to make!  Easy as the kale chips I convinced you were delicious, and they're a snack your whole family will love, even if you're gluten-free.



Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut pita bread in to whatever shapes you fancy.  
Keep pieces thick or separate them for extra crunch.
Line them up on a baking sheet.
Brush each piece with olive oil.
Sprinkle with your favorite seasonings (to taste).
Bake 10 (or so) minutes.  

Once they've cooled, you can crumble the crunchy pieces in your hands and add them to soup or salad.  

Or just stick to the dipping.  

1 comment: