Friday, August 12, 2011

got skin?


August 7th was Sweet Face Skin Care's 6 month Ohio anniversary.  

Business is good.  Some weeks are slower than others, but there is continued interest and my client list is up to 55.  I am eager to meet more people and to see more growth as the months go by.

I really love what I do.

In the past six months, I've heard amazing stories of cancer survival and have seen the surgical scars.  My clients have told me about their children with special needs, caring for ailing parents, and baked me brownies. I've treated brides-to-be, missionaries, siblings, and pregnant mamas.

I helped one client experience emotional healing through touch, another experienced great relief from her rosacea, and I was with another client as she felt the presence of her late husband during her treatment (a.k.a. that darling bird chirping outside my office window).  

Another gal looked with amazement in the mirror after her first facial and exclaimed, "Is that my skin?"  She couldn't believe her face was actually fresh and youthful.  

A little TLC goes a long way.

When a new client comes in, I have them fill out a client card that asks for basic contact information, and has questions about medical history and skin concerns.  One question on the front of the card asks how the client heard about me.  My favorite answers are: "Jesus told me," "US Weekly," and "Your muh best friend.. duhhhh."  That last one was written by a 13-year old (could you tell?).

Since February, I have also met a fellow Yelper, passed my first annual inspection by the State Board, and was pursued by the daily deal site, Living Social.  

I count it all joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment