Monday, June 13, 2011

saturday



Medina is buzzing with activity right now.  It's as if everyone has shook off the rain, unearthed their summer clothing and are reminded of why they love living in this part of the country.  

The community calendar is filled with events in and around the city. This is what last Saturday's calendar looked like:


9am-1pm: Medina County Farmer's Market.  Public square.
9am-5pm: Medina Gun Show.  Medina County Fairgrounds.
7pm-9pm: Jazz Under the Stars, featuring Danny Mazzocco Quartet. Public square.

We didn't do any of those things.  

Instead, I went for a bike ride in the morning, then drove to Lodi and bought some of the finest beef jerky at Mack's (the Hawaiian is  our favorite flavor).  I even had some vacuum-sealed to send to my dad as part of his Father's Day present.   

On my way home, I sat behind an Amish buggy for a few minutes, long enough to take a picture.  It's a common site that some find inconvenient (because they drive slowly).  I don't mind it so much.  I like to crack open my windows and turn my stereo low, so I can hear the clip-clop of the horse hooves on the pavement.    

That afternoon, hubby & I went to a surprise birthday party for our friend, Skylar, then we attended the Psalmist Homeschool Disciples Graduation at our church in the evening, and I drove to Akron to see one of my junior high girls dance in a local stage production.



The weekends are pleasant here.  This time of year is filled with graduation celebrations, bonfires, pool parties, festivals, and weddings.  I don't like the humidity, but I do like when an entire region is in a good mood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment