Saturday, April 23, 2011

wooster


Wooster, Ohio is 14.4 square miles in size with a population of 26,000 people. The downtown is cute, but the city is slim-pickin's when it comes to fine dining.

Enter South Market Bistro.

What a nice surprise! Thanks to Groupon, hubby and I ventured to a city we'd never been to before with hopes of something amazing to happen. We were not disappointed. South Market Bistro is everything we miss about living in a big city and traveling abroad.

The decor is what you would expect: quaint, charming, exposed brick wall, low light; and the wait staff is happy to meet you and eager to share their menu with you. Donna was our server and the one who greeted us at the door and checked on us throughout our meal. She sat us at a window table in front, which transported me back to Italy in my mind. Granted, the people we saw walking by were slightly less refined than those we saw in Rome, but I imagined it anyway.


Donna was lovely, and I think she was as pleased with our dinner choices as we were.

We started with drinks: Chris had a glass of malbec, while I enjoyed their hibiscus/champagne. Then, appetizers: scallops in truffle butter sauce and baked goat cheese. The scallops were melt-in-your-mouth perfection. Side note: the complimentary bread they served before our meals was worthy of it's own five stars. For our entrees we ordered the special 14oz rib eye steak and the duo of duck. My husband 'mmmm'ed his way through the beef and I savored every bite of my bird. The sides that accompanied each meat were well paired to create the perfect bite every time.




Hubby and I were in food heaven and left never needing to eat again. We were the right amount of full and deeply satisfied. It's meals like this that make me feel like the Top Chef judge I've always wanted to be.

South Market Bistro is a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment