Monday, April 11, 2011

panini


One of the coolest Christmas presents we ever received came from Chris's mom. It's a 5-in-1 countertop unit made by Cuisinart that grills, griddles and presses.

We call it "The Griddler."

Although we have yet to use it all five ways, we do enjoy cooking meat on the flat surface and making paninis with the grooved panini press. It is easy to use and grills the perfect sandwich every time!

While shopping at Trader Joe's today, I was inspired to buy organic basil and mozzarella and a sourdough boule. I had pesto and lemon juice in the fridge to mix with mayo and fresh tomatoes. With a touch of lemon pepper and spray butter (on the outside of each bread slice), we were in business.


Now if I were a professional chef, I would have arranged the sandwich halves a little differently, put the chips in a ramekin and, instead of eating the remaining pesto mayo with the ends of the bread loaf, I would have added a fancy swipe of it to the plate. How do real chefs resist eating their savory garnishes?

I don't know.

So, I'm sorry if this makes you hungry, but I am not sorry if it brings you to my house for dinner. Trust me, these grilled sammies are delicious and will inspire you to speak with Italian flare like this guy. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it makes me hungry! Yes, I will accept the invite! I am SUCH a foodie...LOVE this!!!!! ;-) Love that you got the stuff at TJs and I think I need to find a "Griddler" under my Christmas tree this year!!!
    Steph Mc

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes my waffles and peanut butter seem like dog food... sounds delicous!

    ReplyDelete