Sunday, April 24, 2011

oh glorious day


"Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness." - Floyd W. Tomkins

Fasting is over, let the season of jubilee begin!

After a somber Good Friday service, I quite enjoyed ending my Lent fast with a mini Blizzard from Dairy Queen. The same friends who invited us to DQ that night, invited us to their family's annual Hungarian Easter meal on Saturday. Oh, what a feast!

Today, we sang in our church's Easter cantata and spent the rest of the afternoon with our friends, the Sigels. I made my traditional Martha Stewart blueberry-lemon bundt cake with the lemony glaze, we read triumphant Scriptures aloud, shared family stories, and played games. I called my parents tonight and smiled at the sounds of holiday merriment in the background. Eggs were being dyed and candy was being worn.

This is what I'm talking about (thanks to my brother for the photo!):


I hope your day was filled with resurrection joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment