Monday, March 7, 2011

cake

One of my favorite cakes to make is from this blog.

It's called Chocolate Stout Cake. And by 'stout' I mean beer.

Even if you're not a fan of porters, this cake marries the flavors of dark beer and chocolate in a way that might just make you a believer. If you're still not willing to bake a cake with booze in it, that's okay, just do me a favor and make a batch of the ganache frosting, will ya?

Dip something in it or just eat it with a big spoon.

You'll thank me later.

On Friday I had the privilege of filling up my counter like this:

In order to create this:


For this pretty face:

Don't you just love her smile?

Rachel has become so dear to me and Chris. We love sharing life with her and celebrating her 25 years on this earth. And baking her decadent desserts with Dutch-process cocoa powder, butter, sour cream, and a certain Irish stout named Guinness.

2 comments:

  1. okay....YUM! Just love your love of food/cooking!!! Can't wait to get to know you and talk about this more! FB but a good start, the blog is great...but we keep missing the face to face at church! Can't wait to come to Sweet Face!
    Steph Mc

    ReplyDelete