Thursday, January 20, 2011

vanity


Look at this cute cowl Melanie made for me!

It was a gift for my birthday that she gave me on New Year's Eve.  I was over the moon!  She is quite skilled at knitting and always working on a project.  I had secretly hoped some day one of her projects would be mine.  Not only did she make every stitch by hand, but she picked out fabric that was organic and extra soft for my sensitive skin.

Function and fashion, how about that?

While we're at it, can I just say that I love how my lips look in this photo?  Thanks to the C.O. Bigelow lip gloss Amber recommended I try last year.  I found a flavor/color I adore at Bath & Body Works called Mentha Lip Tint.  It's pink and minty.

And my hair!  Can you believe how long it is?  As some of you know, my hair was down my back in high school, all one length.  I think I tried bangs once because Kelly Taylor of (the original) 90210 TV series had fun bangs.  Other than that disaster, my hair remained the same.  During my sophomore year of college I went short, with layers.  I was in love.  I never went back to long hair again.  In fact, my hair kept getting shorter, as I experimented with different versions of the "short & choppy."

I was convinced I had a "short hair personality."

Whatever that means.

Then I moved to Ohio and got anxious about finding someone new.  I tried a stylist once at a salon up the street from our house.  Okay, but not great.  Then, I had my friend Wes cut my hair at his salon in Seattle when I visited last September.  He did a marvelous job, but I decided then I wanted to keep the length.  I haven't had it cut since, and it continues to grow (I forgot that actually happens when you leave it alone).  Turns out, I'm falling for it this way and want to see a few more inches before I make any changes.

Ohio has inspired me to start accessorizing again, too.  I quite like my small collection of earrings and bracelets.

What can I say?  I'm feeling kind of girly these days.

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful and I love you an I miss you. That is all.
    Love,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.. Pip! Ditto. I hope you're enjoying the sweetness of your new baby girl. xoxo

    ReplyDelete