Wednesday, January 12, 2011

baby love


Rex Patrick MacCarthy, our newest nephew on the Holowaty side, made his debut yesterday. 1-11-11. 7lb 1oz, 21in. Born at home, after four hours of labor.

My sister-in-law, Rachell (Rex's mom), is a warrior.

No doubt about it.

Being a wife and an auntie are my two favorite roles, so knowing another sweet baby entered the world for me to love renders me speechless.

(Well, almost.)

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to three dear ones who died due to three different health tragedies in recent weeks. Reading the obituaries, sending flowers, attending a memorial service, and trying to come to terms with God's mysterious ways.. it gets weary.

Baby news helps to heal those hurts and remember life in it's purest form. One of my friends named Amy, gave birth to her daughter Brooklyn Marie on 12-30-10, a friend of mine from high school, Sarah, gave birth to her son Theo Arrow on 1-4-11, my friend Becky's sister-in-law, Dannette, gave birth to Aminata last week, and now we have Rex. I'm also thrilled to learn of four new pregnancies, my friend Ali is due in March, and my other sister-in-law is finding out the sex of their little one at the end of the month.

Thank you God, for life.

Even when it's taken away, we cherish the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment