Tuesday, January 4, 2011

falling up


I tripped up the stairs yesterday.

Hubby and I were making dinner and we needed a few items from our basement pantry. On my way back from this errand, only two stairs from the top, I caught one of the steps wrong and landed on the hard floor with my shins taking the weight of the fall. My shins landed on the edge of the top step and my wrists on the landing.

Yeah, it hurt.

For sure, I thought it would leave a mark, like that one time I impaled my forehead with a broken broom handle (see picture).

Nope.

The thing is, I don't show bruises easily, but I wish I did. So, at least I'd have something cool to wear for the pain, like a good scar.

I lifted my pant legs for my husband, and two girl friends who came over for lunch today, in hopes they'd see where I injured myself. I mean, after the animated story I told when I reenacted the event, you'd hope for a dramatic visual.

Ah well, maybe next time.

I tripped on my shoelace
And I fell up -
Up to the roof tops,
Up over the town,
Up past the tree tops,
Up over the mountains,
Up where the colors
Blend into the sounds.
But it got me so dizzy
When I looked around,
I got sick to my stomach
And I threw down.
Falling Up - Shel Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment