Monday, November 22, 2010

marry me?

Ah, love.

Just thinking about it makes me giddy, experiencing it makes me happy, and watching it in its purest and most vulnerable form brings tears to my eyes.

This year, we witnessed two brothers propose to their girlfriends. It wasn't originally planned that way, but how wonderful it is when plans get thrown out the window and love takes over.

Meet Nick & Rosie:


Ben & Janelle:


© photo credits: Johannah Strahsburg

Nick proposed last month during a show they were performing with their band.  Ben proposed last night at the annual Candlelight Walk in the Medina townsquare.  Both moments were surrounded by friends and family, and both proposals were a complete surprise to the girls.

Considering how Chris and I met in a chatroom (when meeting online was something people only whispered about), and were married in less than a year, I celebrate nontraditional romance and am no longer a proponent for long engagements.  I might be in the minority on that one, but I think there is only so much planning you can do before you end up micromanaging a beautiful thing.

Young love is sweet, and I think a little naivety goes a long way.

Cheers, friends!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the fact that I am in both of these pictures ;) And I truely love how excited you are for us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this just makes me smile so hugely inside and out!!!!!!!!!! i get new sisters! :D

    ReplyDelete