Saturday, September 11, 2010

fish fry


My husband and I are hardcore.

Seriously.

My better half drives a tangerine colored scooter (with matching helmet).  I grew up eating raw hamburger meat as a snack.  We've been known to try any kind of sushi and like it (with the exception of sea urchin and geoduck - one bite of those was too many!).   We prefer the rain and cold weather to sunshine.  I drink my coffee black, and we don't have a savings account.

After a five day juice fast, where do we go?  To a fish fry.

Don't worry, we have strong constitutions.


Besides, doesn't this sound so good: deep-fried (in beer batter) bass, buttery corn on the cob, roasted red potatoes, hot dogs, creamy cornbread, home-brewed wine, apple cake from scratch, chocolate pie, cookies and a sweet snack mix called monkey munch?

Thank you Mouser family for making our first fish fry experience memorable.  Any chance we can hang out at your house during Lent?

Jesus was hardcore.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you can hang out at my house during Lent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that is an intense transition!

    ReplyDelete